Monday, January 16, 2012

Chopsticks!

Like the average Nigerian, I love Chinese food, so whenever I want to eat out, one of my first choices is Chinese cuisine.


With my love for Chinese cuisine, it was natural that I was happy at the prospect of dinner at Chopsticks. Chopsticks Restaurant is quite popular in the nation’s capital, for its consistent quality and top-notch service.



However, I noticed that on this particular occasion (a friend’s birthday celebration), their service was quite slow. I think the fuel subsidy issue was affecting them, and they were short-staffed.



As starters, we were served vegetable spring rolls and chicken wings, along with chicken corn soup. It tasted really good and we couldn't wait for the main course, but wait we did!

Luckily it was a fun wait, as we were in great company. As we chatted and joked, our main course arrived... an assortment of sauces, chicken with green peppers and cashew nuts, beef in oyster sauce, and prawns in hot sauce. Our waiting was not in vain, as everything tasted superb. The vegetables in the sauces were not overcooked and the flavours all in the right balance.


It’s very easy to see why Chopsticks will never have a dull moment.



Chopsticks is located at No 52 Mississipi St, Maitama, Abuja

1 comment:

laBiscuitnapper said...

I've been a lurker on your blog for a while but your comment about Chinese food made me laugh because it's so true. Being away from home, if I can't get good okra or yam, then the next best thing is a raid on the Chinese superstores, no doubt about it!

It's interesting how similar the tastes/flavours between real Chinese food and real Nigerian food are though. Especially food from southern China which has all the hot chili!